Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Goons in purple dresses

Today I finally got around to doing something I've been promising Sophia for months . . . making dress-up clothes out of my wedding gown slip.  I tried selling it on craigslist, but really, who buys a wedding gown slip on craigslist?  No one.

Instead of then attempting to get rid of it on e-bay, I decided to invest in some purple RIT dye and stock the dress-up trunk with a couple skirts.

Skirt #1 is a purple Cinderella skirt, while #2 is more of a gypsy skirt.  They were both pretty simple to make . . . I just tore apart the outer and inner layers with my seam ripper, cut them to the appropriate length, and folded over the top to make a sleeve for the elastic waist.  On skirt #1 I sewed straight up from the bottom toward the top for 6 inches, then gathered it tightly to make the flounces.  Eight flounces, and done!



IMG_8374



IMG_8376

You may not know this, but Sophia is the most uncooperative model EVER.  She decided she was asleep, and there was no convincing her otherwise. 


IMG_8393



IMG_8401



IMG_8405

I love how I have about 27 photos of Z holding the exact same pose while Sophia and A were being wild (before Sophia just ran off altogether).


IMG_8410

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...